Proof of Address
Proof of Address
Proof of Address
If you wish to apply for a SUN Mobile service plan, please visit one of our shops in person with your Hong Kong ID card and one of below proof of address issued within the last 3 months.
1.Bill/statements issued by public organisations, telecommunications suppliers or internet service suppliers:
  • Electricity bill
  • Water bill
  • Towngas/LPG bill (issued by a centralised gas supplier)
  • Pay TV bill
  • Landline phone bill
  • Mobile phone bill
  • Internet service bill
  • IDD service bill
2. Demand notes issued by the Hong Kong government:
  • Rates payment
  • Tax payment
  • Student Loan Repayment
3. Correspondences/documents issued by the Hong Kong government:
  • Tax return
  • Voter registration letter
  • Rent payment receipt for Public Housing under Hong Kong Housing Authority (e-Payment Card not accepted)
  • Exam admission forms (issued by Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority; within 3 months of the issue date or the earliest exam date)
4. Correspondences issued by the Hospital Authority (receipt for outpatient/hospitalised treatment not accepted)
5. Correspondences issued by the following associations:
  • Professional Association
  • Chartered Accountant (CPA)
  • Chartered Engineer (CEng)
  • Hong Kong Bar Association
  • Hong Kong Medical Association
  • Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
  • Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors
  • Hong Kong Lawyer
  • Hong Kong Logistics Association
  • RICS - Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
  • The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
  • The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport
  • Renowned Club
  • Hong Kong Golf Club
  • Hong Kong Country Club
  • Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club
  • The American Club Hong Kong
  • The Clearwater Bay Golf & Country Club Hong Kong
  • The Hong Kong Jockey Club
6. Correspondences/statements/bills issued by the following institutes:
  • Chinese University of Hong Kong
  • Hong Kong City University
  • Hong Kong Baptist University
  • Lingnan University
  • Hong Kong Polytechnic University
  • Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
  • Open University of Hong Kong
  • Hong Kong University
  • Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
  • Education University of Hong Kong
  • IVE
7. Statements/documents/correspondence issued by Hong Kong banks
8. Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) pay records/statements
9. Statements or correspondence issued by insurance companies
10. Business Registration (BR) certificate (applicable to company accounts only)
In the following circumstances, customers need to provide an original copy of their proof of address issued within 3 months.
  • a) The registered address is different from that in the BR certificate
  • b) The BR certificate is marked “Duplicate” on its top left, or if customers fail to provide the original BR certificate
  • The application involves special handset offers.
11. The employment contract for foreign domestic helpers not expiring within one year